The university of Delaware partners with Empower Pakistan to host Diamond Challenge in Pakistan.
The Diamond Challenge is an international program that provides a unique opportunity for teens to learn about entrepreneurship while putting their ideas into action. While many entrepreneurship programs focus on principles of small business management, the Diamond Challenge focuses on unleashing creativity, encouraging a mindset of abundance and self-determination, and promoting purposeful entrepreneurial action.
Created by the University of Delaware Horn Program in Entrepreneurship in 2012, the Diamond Challenge is backed by serious academic grounding in state-of-the-art entrepreneurship education methodologies.
This time around, Diamond Challenge will take place at National University of Sciences and Technology where young high school entrepreneurs will present their social impact focused business ideas.
The winning team will have a chance to present its idea at the main event in the USA, scheduled in March 2017. This would be preceded by international shortlisting of teams by the direct authorities in the United States.
Who can participate in Diamond Challenge?
We have partnered with Horn Entrepreneurship Society to bring social entrepreneurs from Pakistan. All registered applicants are expected to present a social impact focused business idea.
Who can register:
- High school students between 9th to 12th grade.
Have an impact focused business idea.
- High school students who can comprise a team of 2-4 members with a teacher/mentor
- High school students who are already running their social enterprise must not have earned more than $50,000 from their enterprise.
Who cannot register:
- Students who have already graduated high school
- Student with business ideas which are not social impact-focused.
- High school students who cannot comprise a team of 2-4 members with a teacher/mentor
What is social entrepreneurship and social enterprise:
The 2017 Diamond Challenge for High School Entrepreneurs consists of three competitive rounds:
- Preliminary Round – Written Concepts
- Preliminary Round – Pitches
- Semifinal Round – Pitches (in Delaware, day before the Youth Entrepreneurship Summit)
- Final Round – Pitches (during the Youth Entrepreneurship Summit)
Prizes for Diamond Challenge in Pakistan:
$1000 prize for winning team on *Live Pitch Day.
Appreciation shields for 2 runner up teams.
Flight to USA to compete in Semi-Final Round.
Before you sign up:
How to sign up for Diamond Challenge in Pakistan:
Kindly note that once you have completed the straight forward registration process as demonstrated in the video. The next thing you need to do is to list yourself in competition.
To do, scroll to bototm of page and click on “view competitions”.
Filter out “Pakistan” and check “Social Venture – Pakistan” and click on “Apply” from actions column.
Once done, you have completed the registration process (Deadline: 14th December 2016) and you can start working on the second phase of Diamond Challenge, which is adding your team members, adding advisers and submitting your business plan (5th January 2017).
Kindly do note that only the team lead has to sign up first – and no other team members should sign up prior to team lead.
If you have any trouble signing up or have any questions, do contact project lead from Empower Pakistan for Diamond Challenge: firstname.lastname@example.org